Honda and GM Work Together to Produce Hand Sanitizer

Honda Logo | Springfield, MO

With the country focused on reducing the number of COVID=-19 cases seen, Honda decided to contribute to the fight. The carmaker recently transformed an existing partnership with General Motors into a new one, producing an important tool in the battle agains this virus – hand sanitizer.

Honda and GM are currently working to produce nearly 12,000 gallons of hand sanitizer for workers on the frontlines of the pandemic.

These two carmakers have done so through their existing Fuel Cell System Manufacturing (FCSM) partnership. The FCSM team has converted equipment that is normally used to create fuel-cell fuel stacks for future hydrogen-powered vehicles into machines that can produce the hand sanitizer. This production is taking place at the team’s Brownstown, Michigan facility.

“It is inspiring to see how the automotive industry continues to find new and innovative ways to help society during this crisis,” said Cathy McEvilly, senior vice president and general counsel of Honda North America, Inc. “The commitment shown by Honda associates and their counterparts at GM is a source of pride to us and we are happy to provide something to help the brave health care professionals fighting this pandemic every day.”

Honda has already given 3,750 nine-ounce bottles of hand sanitizer to healthcare workers in Ohio and Michigan. The brand plans on giving 75 percent of its allocated hand sanitizer to healthcare facilities across the United States, with the other 25percent going towards the brand’s own manufacturing plants to keep workers safe.

All of us at Don Wessel Honda applaud Honda’s efforts to keep us all safe during these unprecedented times. To learn more about what our staff is doing to put our community’s health first, feel free to give us a call.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *