Each year, many Americans start the year off by making resolutions. However, most of us set the wrong types of goals and eventually give up on them. If you are looking for something new this year, try some of these New Year’s automotive resolutions that will help you become a better and safer driver.
- Have a seatbelt rule. Make it a rule that everyone riding in your car, no matter where they are sitting, puts their seatbelt on before you start driving.
- Put your phone away. Put your phone someplace out of reach while you drive. If you need to answer a call or a text, pull over.
- Be a defensive driver. With a distraction-free driving environment, you can be more focused on your driving. This will help you be more aware of the other drivers around you.
- Make safety a priority. When shopping for a new car, put safety at the top of your priority list. Look for vehicles that offer advanced features that can help you avoid accidents.
- Keep your tank full. Don’t wait until your low-fuel light turns on to fill up. When you drive with a near-empty tank, any impurities sitting at the bottom of your tank can get pushed through your engine.
If you are shopping for a safer car this year, come visit us at Don Wessel Honda.