Did you know that August is recognized as National Golfing Month? This means you have the perfect excuse to head out this weekend and hit the links. Here are some of the best golf courses near Springfield, Missouri so you can celebrate this special occasion.
- Highland Spring Country Club. This private club features 18 holes covering 7,038 yards with a par of 72. In addition to golf, the country club has tennis courts, a swimming pool, and banquet spaces.
- Twin Oaks Country Club. Another beautiful country club in Springfield provides its members with a challenging 18-hole golf course with a par of 72. Members can also enjoy the large swimming pool, tennis courts, special events, and more.
- Rivercut Golf Course. This course is open to the public and provides a serene environment for some of the best golfing. It has a 7,000-yard par-72 course.
- Horton Smith Golf Course. Located at 2409 S. Scenic Ave., this public golf course is welcoming to beginners, while still being fun and challenging for the seasoned golfer.
- Deer Lake Golf Club. This unique golf club offers 18 holes of challenging golf on a course that is relatively flat with both open and wooded holes. The club also includes a fitness center, restaurant, and lounge.
What is your favorite golf course in the Springfield area?